Thursday, November 17, 2016

So, I'm here.

Welcome to my blog!

I have been living a good life for the past few years. I have a job I like, a lovely little apartment, and the best cat ever. I'm very grateful to have what I have.

But I also feel...overwhelmed, guilty, disappointed...about my lifestyle and the state of my finances. It's not that bad, but it's not good. Being a single 31-year-old woman with a solid middle class income, it's more than possible for me to be saving a good chunk of money, but instead I waste money on one little thing after another and turn around and my paycheck's gone. It's getting delivery instead of cooking, impulse clothing purchasing, disorganization, late fees because I forget to pay a bill on time, picking up expensive new hobbies only to lose interest in a few months, and just generally closing my eyes and covering my ears in response to the situation.

(That list could be summed up as "having ADHD." I do and it kind of sucks sometimes and I have to learn to work with it or around it to get things done.)

Recently, reading some blogs in the frugal community has left me feeling inspired about the freedom that can come with living below your means.

So, today I'll start chronicling my frugal journey. I don't have a grand plan other than financial independence, feeling more in control of my finances. and having a hobby that means I spend less instead of more, but I suppose I have time to get there!





No comments:

Post a Comment